The ArtCenter has one of the most rigorous non-profit exhibition schedules in South Florida. ArtCenter’s exhibition calendar consists of six exhibitions annually in the Richard Shack Gallery and an additional six to eight exhibitions at its new space, Project 924. Exhibits are produced through outside curatorial initiatives from the community as well as with resident artists. The program primarily focuses on contemporary media, current aesthetic issues, contextual linkages and community awareness.
ArtCenter is always interested in receiving exhibition proposals. We highly encourage proposals that address the exploration of traditional or experimental genres and media, aesthetic or contextual commonalities, and/or community dialogue. Exhibition proposals can be submitted at any time and applicant will be notified of committee and jury review. Group shows are strongly favored over solo exhibitions.
The application fee is $40 and non-refundable. Checks or cash is accepted. Please make check payable to ArtCenter/ South Florida.
Proposals & Application Fee can be Submitted to:
ArtCenter/ South Florida
Attn: Exhibitions Program
924 Lincoln Road, Suite 205
Miami Beach, FL 33139
What kind of support is available?
• A six – eight week exhibition space in the Richard Shack Gallery located at 800 Lincoln Road
• Installation and de-installation assistance
• Full-time gallery management by knowledgeable and sales-oriented attendants
• Maintenance of gallery space and contents
• Printing and facilitation of support materials to include an exhibition invitation, vinyl and gallery posters
• Distribution of an exhibition invitation to ArtCenter’s e-subscriber and social media lists
• Distribution of press materials to ArtCenter’s media list
• Implementation of an opening reception
• Event coordination and support for relevant events, lectures and workshops (upon approval of the Exhibitions Department)
Note: 30% of sales made through the Richard Shack Gallery by non-resident artists will be allocated to ArtCenter’s programming.