ArtCenter/South Florida’s Studio Residency Program is ideal for artists who are committed to experimentation and innovation, seeking artistic & professional development, and are interested in being a part of and contributing to a dynamic community of local, national and international artists and creative thinkers. For a period of six months up to two years, artists are granted partially-subsidized studios at ArtCenter’s Miami Beach campus located in the heart of South Beach on Lincoln Road, a commercial pedestrian mall, offering a unique residency experience in an urban, yet tropical setting.
With a constant flow of visitors, ranging from beach lovers to art collectors, an ArtCenter residency offers opportunities for engagement and cross-cultural exchange with South Florida-based artists and audiences. In addition to studios, artists are offered extensive exhibition opportunities in South Florida as well as national and international venues; professional development opportunities including studio visits with noted South Florida-based, national and international curators; participation in Fieldwork sessions, a peer oriented critique session; and workshops such as proposal writing, writing an artist statement, budgeting, etc.
ArtCenter houses 17 partially-subsidized workspaces appropriate for visual artists working in most mediums. Studios range from 175 to 600 square feet. Studio rents are currently charged at $9.00 per square foot on an annual basis. Additional charges include a common area fee, an energy surcharge and 7% sales tax. Monthly rents range from $260-$700 on average. Shared workspaces are also available. All terms of the rental agreement are carefully explained to the applicant prior to signing.
- 175 to 600-sq. ft. studios
- 24-hour access to your studio
- Wi-Fi access
- Up to 2 years in residence at ArtCenter
- Access to PRINTshop facility during open lab hours
- Up to 20 ArtCenter artists working on-site including visiting artists
- Participation in Studio Crawls held on the first Wednesday of the month
- Participation in ARTsmart program, 30 minute artist presentations to a small group of art enthusiasts and collectors
- Exhibition opportunities* in Windows @ Walgreens and other spaces
- Financial and technical support for production of new work
- Teaching opportunities within ARTstudies programs for artists with previous teaching experience
- Become part of ArtCenter Alumni Network
- Working professional artists with a deep commitment to their practice
- Artists currently based in the US and abroad*
- Artists currently not enrolled in an academic program
- Alumni artists are eligible to apply, however, priority will be given to qualifying artists who have never had a studio residency previously at the ArtCenter
*ArtCenter/South Florida does not provide housing or international sponsorship. Upon acceptance of international artists, a letter of invitation will be provided for visa application.
- Merit of past work
- Readiness to engage with and benefit from the Studio Residency Program
- Potential to further develop an innovative creative practice and impact the community
- ArtCenter staff reviews applications to ensure completion and eligibility
- Submissions are reviewed by a 5-member Artist Review Committee comprised of knowledgeable and esteemed artists and art professionals
- The Committee evaluates each artist’s materials and selects finalists
- Finalists are invited for a 30-minute, in-person, phone or videoconference interview to determine final selections
Application currently closed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
A full application requires a few simple steps:
1. Tell us who you are and how to contact you
2. Answer a couple of questions about why you want this studio residency
3. Provide your artist statement
4. Upload your artist CV or resume
5. List three references
6. Provide documentation of recent work
*You can upload 8-10 images of your work through callforentry.org. If your work is more suitably presented in video or audio format, please contact the office at 305-674-8278 or via email at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Stay tuned for the next call for artists.
For FAQ’s click here