Studio Residency Program 2017
Application deadline: November 10, 2016 (11:59 PM ET)
Residency period: 1 year, beginning February 2017-January 2018, with the possibility of extending into a second full year term.
ArtCenter/South Florida is launching a call for its 2017 Studio Residency Program. The residency program will offer studio spaces at our Miami Beach location for up to 14 exceptional artists, curators, and cultural practitioners working in a range of disciplines. In addition to engaging with a community of artists, visiting scholars, and institutional partners in Miami, ArtCenter Residents are provided the space from which to research and develop their practice and are invited to actively participate in ArtCenter’s programs such as The Program for Applied Artistic Research, public programming, and our community outreach initiatives.
• A studio or office space between 175-600 square feet located on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, Florida
• Use of ArtCenter facilities including a flex lounge, workshop, meeting space, and PRINTshop
• Access to production funds for projects on a proposal basis
• Opportunity to engage with visiting faculty members and fellows participating in the Program for Applied Artistic Research
• Opportunity to engage and network with institutional partners in Miami and beyond such as The Bruce High Quality Foundation and Es Baluard Museu d’Art Modern i Contemporani de Palma, among others.
• Opportunity to contribute and work within one of ArtCenter’s community outreach initiatives
• Access to an expanded network of practitioners from a variety of fields
• At the completion of program, access to ArtCenter alumni opportunities including grants and production opportunities
• Wi-Fi access
• 24-hour access
• Free parking (based on availability)
ArtCenter is seeking cultural practitioners within and outside of Miami, Florida who:
• Are in need of space and time to develop her/his practice and are committed to actively engage in ArtCenter/South Florida programming.
• Have the ability to commit to participate in programs such as the Program for Applied Artistic Research and/or Community Outreach initiatives.
• ArtCenter staff reviews applications to ensure completion and eligibility
• Submissions are reviewed by a 5-member Honorary Advisory Committee
• The Committee evaluates each candidate and selects finalists
• Finalists are invited for a 30-minute, in-person, phone, or video conference interview to determine final selections
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
A full application includes:
1. Full contact information
2. A letter of intent addressing why you want to join ArtCenter’s Studio Residency Program and what you hope to accomplish over the course of one year.
3. CV or resume
4. Up to 10 images (or 10 pages of written material) of recent work
5. Three references
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
• ArtCenter’s Studio Residency Program does not cover housing, travel, or visa costs.
If you have additional questions, please contact the office at 305-674-8278 or via email at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Click HERE to apply to the Studio Residency Program
For FAQ’s click here