The ArtCenter/South Florida (the “Center”) seeks an Education and Community Engagement Manager to oversee and manage the organization’s multi-faceted public, community, and educational programs.
This position will work closely with the Director of Programming and will help facilitate and build upon the current education and community engagement programming at the Center.
Candidates must have a proven track record and experience to help lead various public-facing programs and be a steward in providing excellent outreach initiatives for the Miami-Dade community as well as provide on-going innovative educational offerings at the Lincoln Road campus. Candidates must have experience in managing staff, volunteers, as well as work collaboratively with community partners. This position will be an active public voice for the Center.
The ArtCenter/South Florida opened its doors to the public in 1984. The Center has an annual operating budget of $2.7 million and an endowment of $100 million. The Center has 12 employees and a Board of Directors presently composed of 14 members.
Through its artist residency program, exhibitions, direct support to artists, studio art classes, educational programs, outreach programs, art film programs, community events and curatorial lectures, the Center is recognized as the leading visual artist support organization of Miami Dade County.
The Education and Community Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the Center’s education and community engagement activities, which include public programs, public art classes, outreach programs and more. The position reports directly to the Director of Programming and works closely with the various departments as well as community partners across Miami-Dade County. The Education and Community Engagement Manager identifies and implements opportunities for involvement between the Center and its surrounding communities and other constituencies. This position also offers opportunities to create new and exciting educational and community engagement programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule, implement, manage and periodically suggest new community-based programs, partnerships, and other engagement initiatives;
- Identify, initiate, and deepen relationships with various community partners across Miami-Dade County;
- Implement meetings, surveys, and other ways for communicating with and receiving feedback from the community about the Center and its initiatives;
- Oversee the Center’s year-round art classes as well as hiring and managing class instructors, class schedules, etc.
- Maintain various databases of art class participants and public program attendees
- Create mechanisms for internal and external evaluation of community engagement initiatives;
- Work closely with the Center’s resident artists and alumni to create new and unique outreach programs;
- Compile collected information for VP of Programming to regularly present to the Center’s Board and staff leadership.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and three or more years of arts administration as well as experience in community organizing or other related experience. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Experience and success working in partnership with local residents and community organizations;
- Extremely outgoing and love meeting new people
- Effective communication, both in person and in writing (fluency in Spanish is valued but not required);
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers;
- Ability to work and nurture emerging artists in a holistic service environment;
- Success at managing a wide array of tasks and projects and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Willingness to work select weekends and to occasionally adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job;
- Excellent organization and planning skills;
- Basic computer skills on a Windows system (knowledge of Adobe applications is a plus);
- Familiarity with the international contemporary art scene (Miami art scene is a plus);
- Passion for the Arts and how it can transform communities.
The Education and Community Engagement Manager compensation level is commensurate with experience and includes a strong benefits plan, including health insurance and 401K matching.